Areas of practice
- Family Law including property settlements (married, de facto and same-sex couples), children and divorce
- Family violence including intervention orders
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law from the Law Institute of Victoria
- Masters of Applied Family Law from the College of Law
- Bachelor of Business and Law from the University of Tasmania
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Court Practice, Children and Youth Issues and Property/Maintenance committees with the Law Institute of Victoria
- Volunteer Lawyer for WEstjustice
- Member of the Bacchus Marsh Rotary Club
- Accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law 2017
- Masters of Applied Family Law 2017
- Admitted to practice in 2011
Melanie has extensive experience assisting clients that are married, in a de facto or same sex relationships, with their family law (property settlements, children arrangements and divorce matters) and family violence issues. She is originally from Tasmania before settling into the Western Suburbs of Victoria in 2015.
Melanie has a strong passion for social justice and set up a free legal advice service on the North West Coast of Tasmania. Since relocating to Victoria, she has been assisting the evening advice service at WEstjustice in Footscray and more recently in Laverton.
Melanie ensure that clients are engaged with other relevant services which will assist them through their family law or family violence matter. She can assist clients from negotiating an amicable settlement by Consent Orders through to Court proceedings in the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court in relation to property, children and divorce matters. She can also assist clients with family violence matters in the Magistrates’ Court.